Wix SEO Hero Contest Rules
Well, i’m use to no limits SEO Contest. But Wix have made some heavy rules about his own SEO Challenge, here is a look at it
1 – Where can I find the challenge’s rules ?
You can find Wix rules in 4 different places :
- The landing page Wix made for the contest : http://www.wix.com/wix-lp/seo-heroes
- The FAQ they made for challenge’s rules : http://www.wix.com/wix-lp/seo-heroes/faqs
- The support article they created for Wix contest : https://support.wix.com/en/article/wix-seo-hero-contest
- They made a real reglementation which seems lawyer’s supervised, here is the PDF : https://support.wix.com/en/article/wix-seo-hero-contest (you can read it here : PDF SEO Hero Contest Rules)
2 – The most important Rules for SEO Hero Wix challenge
- The search term is unique, it is “SEO Hero”
- The challenge take place between 11/16/2016 and 03/13/2017
- You can register your Hero Website until 12/16/2016
- We will use only on search engine : Google
- The winner will be the one ranking the highest of competitors between March 13 to March 15
- In event of a draw, a new search will be run on March 16
- The moderator will do his search from New York at 12:00pm ET and 20:00pm.
- The winner will be announced 15 days after the challenge’s end
- The Wix judge is neutral, his name is Ervan Hurvitz from MRKT360 INC
- You have to respect Google’s guidelines
- You can enter a maximum of five domains
- All your domains have to be registered (without any history) AFTER the starting date
- You have to give an acces to your Google Search Console and your Google Analytics
3 – Cause of disqualification
If there is rules, there is way to break it, and there is ways to be disqualificated. If you want to stay in the competition, the Hero website you have submetted must comply with all the rules. So far, will be disqualified alls using Negative SEO techniques, Black Hat SEO Technique, Domains registered OR with an history before November 16,2016, those who dont have shared their Google analytics and Search Console Account
Deeper understanding on Wix’s Rules : the 20 pages PDF Rules
Rules resume is easy to understand : Wix can do all they want, they are God on their own contest. Lot’s of rules can be interpreted in many ways. The better to know it better is to dig in their boring PDF rules.
How many rules for this SEO Contest ?
There are 20 major rules and 120 differents rules at all. The major rules are listed below :
- Sponsor : Wix is the only sponsor of the SEO Hero challenge
- Eligibility : Who can participate and how ?
- Purpose of the contest : ranking higher as possible for the term “SEO Hero” on Google – Peoples who are resident in US embargoed countries cant participate
- Google Accounts and eligible facts :
- You have to create and share one account for Search Console and another one for Analytics
- Domain name must be registered after November 16, 2016
- Domain name must be knew and may not be an expired domain obtained by resale
- You have to respect Google Guidelines
- Your content must be in english
- No sexualy explicit, violent or deregraphy content
- It is competitor’s responsability to verify that the Hero Website you created is in compliance with precedent rules
- Elimination should be automatic, you wont be noticied if you website is disqualified
- How to enter the contest :
- simply by complying Wix forms
- you wont be notified if your website is not compliant
- You can submit more than one entry but no more than five
- You are not required to like Wix’s Facebook page or to purchase some Wix product
- Conduct during the competition :
- Respect Google Guidelines
- Ervan Hurvitz will be the neutral Moderator. He is the CEO of MRKT360 INC. He is responsible for :
- Every participant shall received from the Moderator an access to a Google Drive Folder
- Reviewing any hero website he choose.
- Determining at his sole discretion if a hero website is violating the Google Guidelines
- Issuing any notice to the participants in connection with non compliance
- He can review any hero website at his own initiative or if requested so by another party
- The Moderator may suspend any review of Non -Compliance, if no sufficient available means are at his disposal in order to determine whether or not Non-Compliance has occurred.
- In his review, the Moderator may use any resources and procedures he deems fit. The Moderator may also request to receive additional information from the respective Participants or from other parties.
- If a website is non-compliant then the moderator shall comunicate his decision to the particpant concerned
- You can appeal a non compliant sentence by sending a mail in 10 business days
- The Moderator shall have right to take any administrative actions (including retaining additional personnel on his behalf in order to handle administrative issues) and determine administrative procedures which may be required
- Sponsor (WIX) can track the position of any hero website and publish it whererver they want
- It is each Participant’s responsibility to protect their site from any outside attack or disturbance and neither Sponsor nor Moderator shall be responsible for eliminating such attacks, finding the causes for such attacks and/or disqualifying without sufficient evidence (at the sole and absolute discretion for the Moderator) any other party that may be accused of initiating such attacks or disturbances.
- How the Winner will be determinating ?
- The winner will be the best ranked during the period between March 13, 2017 and March 15, 2017.
- There will be 6 events of Search Events
- Each search event will take place at 12:00 PM ET and 20:00 PM
- Local search result will be excluded
- If there is a tie, there will be another search event conducted by Moderator on March 16 at 12:00 PM
- There will be only one winner
- Prize Money
- Sponsor (WIX) will award the winner the following prize : $50,000
- If WIX win his own contest, they shall donate 50% of the Prize to a charity of his choice
- The remaining amount will be distributed equally between the alternate winners
- Alternate winners are the 3 followers of WIX hero website in case WIX ranks first
- Each alternate winners shall receive $8,333
- The prize is non transferable
- WIX reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of comparable value
- Winner notification and Prize claiming