THE IMPORTANCE OF LINKS FOR YOUR SEO
Links to your site (backlinks) are one of the pillars of the referencing. Indeed,you have already wondered how a search engine could know which site ismost interesting to the user and deserves to appear first in the searchresults?
Google’s answer to this question is, in fact, very simple: the most interestingsite is necessarily the one that makes the best talk about it on the web.
At this stage, therefore, there is only one question: How does Google knowthat a site is talking about it? Simply by relying on the links pointing to him.For a search engine, a link is therefore to a “vote” in favour of the site towhich it directs the user. Thus, when a site links to one of your pages, youcan consider that you get a “vote” so that your site is better classified in thesearch results. Be a real SEO Hero
One link = 1 only “vote” in favour of your site – 4 links = 4 “votes” in favour of your site.
The various elements to work your links from outside:
- The coming link: understanding the notion of backlink
- Criteria for a good link for SEO
- Avoid Google penalties related to links
- Get new links: the real netlinking
- Methods of netlinking
Specifically, our advice: Get links to your website. It is absolutely essential to get your positioning off Google.
1/What is Netlinking?
1-1) The Net Connecting: YES, but don’t forget your Content!
As I said earlier… 3 years, the factors influencing your positioning on search engines are very many, and they are part of two families, the “On-Page” factors (optimization of your web site, internal links…) and the “Off-Page” factors which we will develop in this article.
Both are inseparable, one does not go without the other… I give great importance to Onsite factors, to content creation, and especially to the creation of semantic cocoons organized in the form of vertical silos to be truly relevant to different themes and able to respond to several requests… Requests of “long delay” are quite simple to position quickly in a natural way. is not the case of parent pages or pages optimized for shorter, more competitive words… This is where Netlinking’s good work is necessary and will help you get into the results of Google, Bing etc. .
1-2) The Net Connections is what?
A Netlinking (or link building) strategy is to set up a series of actions to increase the number of links to your site to improve your positioning in search engines and thus increase traffic from these related sites or from the SERP (Search engine results page).
Le is one of the most important activities and one of the most complex in the natural referencing of a site. It is better to do nothing instead of making connections without taking time to put in place a long-term strategy.
2/What is a quality backlink?
Quality is essential, personally I prefer to have some very good links rather than thousands and thousands generated in a fuzzy and/or automatic way.
Even though it is essential to diversify its links as much as possible (we will deepen this notion which is all the more important since Pinguin 2.0 later in the article), try to caricature and define what is a good quality link:
- a link in the body of one page in the middle of the text
- – whose wording (anchor text) is relevant to the aterissage page (attention to not always use the same wording)
- – that the theme of the link page is relevant and close to that of the landing page
- – a link that is (or appears) natural
- – a link from a trusted site (trusté)
- – a clicked link (more and more that Google would report clicks | visits via its Chrome Browser)
- – on a page that makes traffic
- – a link of a popular page with a Page Rank high
Since early 2012, Google has fought hard against the Netlinkers who use and abuse some of the techniques that appear to be unnatural in the eyes of its Google Penguin anti-spam filter (spamdexing, keyword keyword, cloaking, exchange of massive links, duplicate content…).
But the battle has just turned into war following Matt Cutts’s announcement that Google Penguin 2.0 (# 4) (active since late May 2013) will fight even more effectively against Black Hat techniques…
The video of the May 13, 2013 announcement:
Here is a link that will allow you to follow all Google algorythme updates: http://www.seomoz.org/google-algorithm-change
The direction is clear, Google gives more importance to the quality, nature of the backlinks and user experience.
3/Somewhat White, Grey or Black Hat?
This title is a little provocative that will bring punk SEO like Laurent Bourrelly.
If you’ve found my article, you’re sure you’re thinking about your next Netlinking strategy and if so, you just lost your white hat and even if your link building techniques are the cleanest of the canvas…
And yes… from the moment you want to generate backlink, you are not White because you don’t respect Matt Cutts and his cherished guidelines, the father of the best known penguin in the world (see the family photo below), you know who would want everything to be done in a spontaneous and natural way…
I understand the very sound logic of Matt Cutts and his team but if you have a new site without a history, without notoriety and you have the ambition to have a little traffic, it will be complicated to have success by complying with the letter of Google’s guidelines… unless you buy your visibility on Google Adwords… $ $ $ € € € £ £ £ generate billions of pages on hyper-long expressions where there is no competition…!
Personally, I have always considered Light Grey Hat, a hybrid SEO that prefers “clean” techniques, quality to quantity even if I am not afraid to launch my macros, scraper in a very targeted way or de some descriptions or texts for satellite sites…
4/Stay Natural and do variations
If there are two words that you have to retain from this article are the words “NATURAL” and “VARIETY”.
It does not mean that your Netlinking strategy does not have to be and your links must all be generated in a natural and spontaneous way… This simply means that your Netlinking must not be suspicious, momentary and exaggerated.
To appear natural here are some important points to respect:
- vary the sources of linksvary
- the typology of linkages
- vary the locationsvary labels (anchor text)
- growth in linkages over time
- Chronology of your links
4-1) Change sources and types of links
A few weeks ago, I was talking with a prospect that told me that he didn’t understand why his traffic wasn’t more important when he had thousands of backlinks… After a 1 click analysis, I quickly realized that this person had more than 12.000 backlinks from 5 domains of which more than 11.000 came from a Sitewide Link present in the Footer d’an old site (whose list of links in the footer has almost made me scroller… this site was also full of duplicated pages and the theme of the site had nothing to do with hers…). In short 12.000 links worth less than 3 good links…
Try to work the sources of your links by paying attention to:
- the thematic:
- especially relevant sites, which deal with a subject that is complementary or similar to your thematic (the off-thematic links will also bring value but must not be a majority)
- number of unique domain names:
- diversify the number of sites and therefore prioritise the number of domain names rather than the number of links on the same LOQ… 20 links on 10 domains it is better than 20 links on the same domain (unless the domain in question is LeMonde. fr and the links are not nofollow in comments but in the body of articles on popular pages…)
- site profile:
- different site profiles (we will expand this point in Part 5)
- Trust (Authority/Credibility) of a web site:
- trustés sites, reference sites and also less known sites…
- the Page Rank:
- pages whose Page Rank varies (it will be more natural to have more PR 0 and PR 1 than PR 6…)
- the dofollow/nofollow attribute:
- especially links in dofollow and a bit of links in nofollow
- reciprocity or not links
- especially non reciprocal links and little reciprocal links (A towards B), few triangular links (A towards B towards C) and only if there is strong consistency between the three sites and few trace of common ownership. Do not abuse LinkWheel or Pyramid Pyramids unless you know exactly what you do (to avoid on Money site)…
- language and location:
- sites in your language and located in your country and also some foreign sites
- the History
- online sites for a long time and younger sites
- the server
- sites hosted on C Class, different servers… Do not build a network of sites on the shared hosting of your Money Site (it seems crazy but I have seen it…)
4-2) Vary locations in source pages
The variety of site profiles is important, the links of links on these sources are also!
The TOP of the TOP is a link placed in the middle of the useful content of the page that is related to your Landing Page (potentially interesting content page).
However, remember that it is also important to have links in less appreciated locations (Blogroll, Page Partners…). Try to avoid making too many links in the “sitewide links” (links present throughout the site: sidebar, footer…) especially if the sites in question are not very strongly correlated with yours.
4-3) Vary anchors (labels or anchor text)
If you have properly structured your site, every page of your site is optimized for an expression, a series of 2/3 keywords, a semantic context…
Using these key words at the anchor level of links and in the body of the text pages text will give you relevance and facilitate the referencing of your pages on expressions that interest you.
But you will need to use these anchors naturally without falling into the suroptimisation… Imagine that a site that offers applications for Android has 500.000 backlinks, 400.000 on the anchor “Android applications” and only 5.000 on its domain name… find that natural and logical? No? And rest assured, Google also…
Here are some tips for getting some good labels:
- Anchors optimized with key expressions:
- if a link to a deep page is placed in the body of a text, the anchor can easily be optimized. Beware, you will also need to vary and not always use the same anchor! I advise you to use them for your best backlinks (links in the body of a text whose Page Rank is quite high).
- Domain name or company name | organization:
- use the domain name and site name especially if you link to the home page or deep pages. If you have links from sitewide links, I also advise you to use your LOQ and not a key phrase.
- Variants of optimized keyword:
- do not hesitate to use variants, synonyms, singular/plural, acronyms, words related…
- Anchors not optimized and empty
- (in very small proportions):Not everyone is an expert at SEO Copy and use only optimized anchors is suspect… Do not do too much but use generic anchors; This will always bring you juice even if the anchor is not optimized… The context and words from the lexical field of your expression around the link will give you relevance…